At the beginning of my quest in searching for pieces of furniture to paint, I came across Bernarda. This little chest of drawers came from Bernarda in Toronto. She had it at her cottage and it had been painted white. She explained that she had stripped, sanded and stained it and went on to tell me how much work it had been but she felt she had done a good job in refinishing it because it looked good. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that I had plans to paint it again.
First, I sanded it then put 2 coats of ASCP Old White, with a very sloppy technique that left it with brush marks and uneven. When the paint had dried AS clear wax was applied followed by AS dark wax. The inside of the drawers were painted with ASCP Duck Egg, followed by a polyurethane finish for protection. I set out to make it look old and distressed.
Thank you Bernarda for stripping it from the old paint. It saved me a lot of work.